Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Family Update

So much has been going on around here that just getting through the day has been its own challenge ;)

That said, things are starting to slow down or maybe today is just a breather between bouts - either way I thought I'd take the chance to share what's been happening.

Angus and the sorry shoulder story


First of all I apologise to those of you have heard this before - skip to the next bit *lol*

During the school holidays Angus went to rugby clinic - and came home with a very sore shoulder - the result of an awkward tackle. We applied ice and administered panadol - no need to panic!

Then... pop and scream - his arm literally fell out of its socket! We rushed off to the hospital - the place was crazy but an 11 year old with a bulging shoulder gave us priority. The joint was back in position and the x-rays showed no breaks so we were sent home.

The next day he was in more pain so, back to the doctor who sent him for an ultrasound. It showed that the shoulder was constantly dislocating and slipping back into place causing ligament and cartilage damage each time - ouch! The verdict - three weeks in a sling and next stop the orthopaedic surgeon.

Time passed but the pain did not - back to the hospital (why do these things always come on at dinner time?) Nothing the doctor could do other than prescribe some SERIOUS painkillers and suggest we see a sports injury specialist while waiting for the orthopaedic appointment. Great idea - we were given a worse case scenario - no cricket for two to three years - wow! But most importantly he ordered an MIR and physio. Just days later the shoulder is much less painful and the exercises the physio recommended are keeping the arm muscles active.

But there is an even sadder footnote to this tale - today we heard that Angus was selected to try out for the Brumbies ACT primary schoolboys rugby team. His dream come true and he can't do it :(

Zoe the teenage tormentor
Meanwhile life ticks on and Zoe turned 13 - unbelievable - both that Rob and I are the parents of a 13 year old and that she survived that long! Such a changeable madam - sunshine and kisses one moment, thunderclaps and shouted accusations the next.

That said she had a fabulous Birthday and we got to meet all her new high school friends. The party was lots of fun and SingStar was very loud but so very enthusiastic :) Here they are all ready to head off for some geocaching.


Scrapping update
Scrapping has taken a bit of a back seat lately - squeezed between birthday arrangements and doctors appointments - but I did take part in the first 24 hr Crop Hop over at Scrapbooking and Crafting Friends. I only managed a couple of challenges but picked up a win in the scraplift challenge. You had to choose a LO in the gallery and scraplift it. I chose Marie Levite's weekend away LO because it was a fab design. This is my take on it - Rob and AB doing a Simon and Garfunkel number karaoke style.


I also squeezed in a couple LOs for the cybercrop over at the CISters the theme was @ home.

This one was for the quote challenge - Baby Zoe hanging out in the clothes dryer and dog's kennel :)



And this one was my take on the sketch challenge - my nephews making themselves @ home on Rob and Angus :)

Hm, on second thoughts add these to the sketch challenge LOs and I've been scrapping up a storm - all those late night watching Le Tour!

And in one last piece of news my LO - he calls her boots a-million won the colour challenge over at Scrap of Your Life - woo hoo!

And that I think is that! For any of you that made it this far leave me a note and I'll send you a RAK for perseverance!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! You have been a busy girl! First off I'm so sorry you son is going through such a time with his shoulder!! I will keep you in my thoughts. Second, I'm honored that you lifted my page! It came out great.
Oh I also need you to send me your mailing address for Pay It Forward. My email is americangirl0419@hotmail.com
Marie

Krissy Christie said...

Beautiful work Ali!Poor Angus :( That must've been so painful .....how did you go with finding other sports he could try?Happy birthday to Zoe!Hope she had a fab time :)

Krissy xx

Anonymous said...

My goodness, has it really been that long since I spoke to you? I am so sorry to read about Angus' shoulder and missing out on the rugby as a result ... :( :( :(
You have been a busy beaver with your scrapping - good to see! And congrats on winning the SOYL colour challenge. :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.