Late on Wednesday night I decided to go to Brisbane to spend a few days with my sister. With Rob's blessing I booked some flights and on Friday morning off I went for three days.
I had a fabulous time - Anne and I did some very successful clothes shopping, ate out, went to the craft fair, walked over the new foot bridge, ate prawns, supped champagne, talked and laughed and laughed some more. I also got to visit Andrew's classroom and watch both boys play a great game of touch football.
BUT my flight home took six hours instead of the usual one and a half. Storms in Canberra caused the pilot to pull out of the landing at the last minute (we were about a metre off the runway when he suddenly pulled the nose up and flew out of there!). We ended up being diverted to Melbourne, put on another plane (one with superior technology that could land in poor visibility) and then we flew back to Canberra. Home safe and sound at last :) Rob was the one I felt really sorry for. He was waiting at the airport for me and it took an hour for Qantas to tell him what was what - gorgeous man that he is, he then came back again to collect me at 10pm.
And now for some scrapping shares :)
This one is for Moi's challenge over at SOUL but I used fabulous products available from the CIS store. I love the ribbon! The pics are of Angus and his cousin Rory being a tad naughty at Granma's house.

The next two I did as part of the Wicked Princesses CC - this one was based on the Krissy's sketch. NZ grandma took these photos while the kids were visiting her in April.

I had to use bling for this next one - I think I got a bit carrried away lol. Not sure the cluster is exactly what I was hoping for! Never mind I did to get to use two of Krissy's fabulous poppies :) These photos of Zoe first thing on her 13th Birthday make me laugh - look at those bleary eyes - luckily she thinks they're funny too!
I'm not expecting to have a lot of scrapping time during the rest of the week as my Mum had a knee replacement yesterday. The operation went well - she was up walking on a frame this morning but the drugs have really knocked her around - not surprising considering she's 74 next week. She'll be spending her Birthday in rehab. I'm hoping she'll be a bit perkier tomorrow :)TFSB but one last thing before you go - have you checked out the latest Lime Tart challenge? I do like a good recipe! Oh and the prize I was boasting about arrived - it was awesome!!
5 comments:
What a pain! Glad you had a good time though.
Great work on the layouts, LOVE the bad boys one :).
Oh no :( Gee whizz that wouldnt have been fun at all being stuck here there and everywhere :( So glad you had a fab time with your sister though:D
Gorgeous work as always!!
Krissy xx
Sounds like you had a lovely time with your sister Ali...delayed flights are no fun though!
Fab LO's!!...I love the Bad Boys one too!
Hi Allison! Just wanted to pop by and say thanks for a fun weekend and many laughs. It was lovely to meet you! Leax
Hey Ali!
I've given you an award on my blog!
Loved catching up with you last Thursday..looking forward to the S&C retreat next year!
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.