Thursday, October 1, 2009

Slice of life

So, the holidays are progressing nicely - not too many nasty words or temper tantrums as yet! I've booked the kids into a mountain biking clinic this weekend and they're really looking forward to it. Unfortunately it's meant to rain :( I have my fingers and toes crossed...

Meanwhile we've been out and about enjoying the currently fabulous weather, yesterday the kids and I climbed Mt Majura with some friends. It was a clear day so we could see right to edges of the city and beyond in all directions - magic :) When we reached the top the kids climbed up onto the trig point to get a better view. I had to hoist Angus up because of his shoulder - I hope we get the all clear soon - that kid is heavy!

When Rob called me into the kitchen today this is what I what I saw:

We'll never die of thirst in this family!

Zoe has been busy cooking up a storm the past few days. She made us all special biscuits - here's mine:

Cool huh?!

I haven't done too much scrapping of late but I do have one LO to share. I did it for Moi's challenge over SOUL - you had to use at least one bird on your LO. As you can see I used several and even scrapped about one called Parry. Angus loves his parrot finger puppet and thoroughly enjoys driving Zoe to distraction by only speaking through the parrot in a parrot-like voice. Naughty boy ;)

I particularly like this shot of him talking parrot!

You may remember I mentioned that Krissy is making beautiful vintage flowers. I bought some of her gorgeous poppies to use on my LOs. Well she a has a special blog to sell her flowers and now she's branched out into vines as well (oh yeah I love a bad pun lol). Here's a little taste of what she is up to:

Want to see more? You know you do so click here :)

So, what else have I been up to these holidays? Well, Rob and I have been watching the final season of Battlestar Galactica. We've watched all the series over the course of this year and I've found them really interesting and clever - even with the strong religious theme running through the storyline - I think one of the writers might be a tortured soul. Shame the final episode was a big disappointment. It went on about half an hour too long and instead of leaving us dangling we had to endure every single loose end being tied in a pretty bow. Both Rob and I agreed that if we, as viewers, had made it all the way to the end we were savy enough to imagine life in the brave new world on our own.

We also went and saw the movie District 9. Oh my! Apart from being a tad too graphic for my liking it was an awesome film - packed full of social commentary it presented a disturbing but accurate reflection of the banality that can be human interaction. Well worth a watch people ;)

I'm also reading a deeply disturbing but engrossing book - The 19th Wife. It's fiction but based on the stories about the Firsts (a breakaway sect of Mormons).

And I think that's about it from me! TFSB :)




5 comments:

Krissy Christie said...

Thanks for the link Ali! Ive added you to my list to go in the draw :D

LOL @ Parry!It is a younger siblings job to test the patience of older ones lol I tormented my sister and my brother tormented me lol its all fair LOL

I love that LO!

Oh yum that cookie loooks good!Can I borrow Zoe to bake me one? But I'll do my full name so its big lol

Thanks again lovey!

Krissy xx

Kerryn said...

Sounds like you are all having a fun school holidays. Love the layout :).

Anonymous said...

Oooh love the Parry LO :-) And how cute are those biscuits! I'll cross my fingers for you for nice weather on the weekend too!

Shell Turner said...

Hi Ali - cute blog you have here!!

I hope you find the time to complete some of the challenges on my blog, looking forward to seeing your creations. Don't forget, the winner will be selected randomly but you gotta be in it to win it.

Be sure to tell all your blogging/scrapping friends - I know all my scrapping friends love a freebie!!

Shell x

Julie said...

Hi Ali!!

I've just been blog hopping today, which I haven't done for awhile, and I've stumbled across yours!
It's great to see what you've been up to. You've really been scrapping up a storm...love what you've been creating!!
Hope we can have a quick catch up on your way up to the Kim Archer retreat.
Take care!
Julie xx

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.