Sunday, October 18, 2009

Scrapping Sunday

So, I've got loads of scrappy shares today. But before I start I've got a photo to show you - Zoe learning life skills!

Crazy, I know, but she asked if she could do some ironing - who am I to deny a girl her entertainment? She did three items and decided she'd learnt enough about ironing - now that's more like it ;-)

First up a couple of LOs using some photos I posted recently. Here's Angus and his burger - based on Krissy's CIS sketch. Don't forget you'll be in the running for a lovely scrappy prize if you do a LO based one of the October sketches and post it in the forum before the end of the month.


This next one features the kids in their new bike helmets :) I did it for the Challenge Heaven numbers challenge. Every time I look at that expression on Angus' face it cracks me up!


Next is my creation from the virtual CIS Girls' Night In speed scrap. It was based on a sketch by the very talented Karen - she has an amazing eye for layers of ribbon and trim.

Janina made the journalling block for me using a new stamp from the US. Unfortunately it didn't show up in the pic but it has a gorgeous flourish on it that I highlighted with some bling. :)

I did this LO while I was at an actual GNI. We had a fabulous time. I laughed so much that my stomach hurt. Thanks for a wonderful night girls :). We took some great photos too - I'm planning on scrapping them later today so I'll share them another day.

I really love how this LO turned out. Rob has finally decided to do his scooter course (he's there right now) so yesterday we went to buy him some gear. He was very chuffed to get a groovy orange helmet. I fear that I may never get near my scooter again once he has that Learners' Permit!

I used my latest Scarlet Lime kit and the die cut is from Creative Memories - they have five different and equally fabulous shapes to choose from!

And to the last one. I started it a couple of weeks ago and then couldn't find it anywhere. I finally found it again on Friday. It's a just-because LO featuring a just-because photo from 2003 - this time I look at the expression on Angus' face and smile rather than laugh! I'm a bit disappointed with how it photographed though. The colours are much stronger IRL and you probably can't see that I stamped on the numbers using paint and bubble wrap and the little circles are flocked. Oh well...
I'm midway through a challenge for the Wicked Princesses Birthday cc and I want to have a go at least one of the great monthly challenges over at SOUL so I'm going to be a busy little scrapper for the rest of the month. I got 70 photos printed yesterday and a pile of pics always makes me itchy to scrap.

TFSB and for all your lovely comments - it's always very exciting when people let me know they've been visiting :)

7 comments:

Krissy Christie said...

Wowee chickie you've been scrapping up a storm!I love them all :D

Krissy xx

Kerry O'Meara said...

Hi ali your site looks great. Looks like you have been very busy.

Anonymous said...

You have been a busy bee! Great work - I love all your LOs! Lol at Zoe wanting to iron as well - crazy kid!

Kerryn said...

hehe teach them right from an early age.

Great work with all those layouts, you have been busy!

Marisa said...

Gosh you have been busy, lots of lovely layouts...love them all Ali!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work!!! Have seen some already but looking forward to seeing the others IRL, especially that last one.
x

Sandra said...

gorgeous layouts!! wow - lovely blog :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.