Have any of you ever ordered and paid for a product only for it never to arrive? Sadly, I have. I decided to tell my fellow scrappers about this poor behaviour because at the end of the day, what that person did was steal from me. I paid for the goods back in April, I followed up again and again and each time I got excuses and promises but no product. I also won two prizes as part of her blog hop - these were never sent either. Last week I posted on facebook the name of the business and wrote a comment on her fan page and sent her a pm - the response - a big fat silence. The worst part is the number of other people who replied that they'd been ripped off too. I hope you haven't had the same experience with Pretty Paper Petals :(
But I don't want to dwell on the negative when there are so many honest crafters out there who make beautiful things and deliver every time. So, what I'm going to do is tell you about all of the wonderful people I've bought things from :) Don't worry I'm not going to lecture you - just highlight the handmade bits on my LOs!
Up until last week I hadn't done a lot of scrapping, guess I just lacked some motivation. So when SFS announced a cool September sketch comp I signed up. I've completed four LOs in four days and I'm having a ball so far.
Sketch one - Zoe and her Hogwarts cape :) Although you can't see it very clearly, the black flower is one of Krissy's awesome zipper MVBs and the yellow flower is one of Mel's Zinga Zoo creations.
Sketch 2 could also be used as a Scrap the Girls entry (as long as it featured a clip). The colours are bit off (who knows why...) but the pink button is a gorgeous little hot pink corduroy number from Lovelybugs Bits n Bobs and the cute bird and lazy daisy are more of Krissy's MVBs.
Sketch 3 - for this one I used the gorgeous kit I won from SFS. When I played along with Peta's 100th Blind Scrap I was lucky to win this fabulous prize - woo hoo! And it arrived in just two days, thanks Peta - you rock :) it was based on a Stuck?! sketch and can be entered there too! That cute little bunting is from A Lil' Somethin'.
Sketch 4 - this one also features a gorgeous MVB (yup I never get tired of those little beauties). And no I haven't scrapped a photo of a drain (thank you Zoe), look at the ducks on the poles :)
Not sure I'll be able to keep up the pace as I have to squeeze work in somewhere but I'm sure there are going to be lots more SFS sketches to inspire me.
Thanks for stopping by!




7 comments:
Once again, I am soooo cranky that this happened to you (and others) Ali. I would be horrified if any of my customers had anything less than a positive experience purchasing from me, and would go out of my way to make things right. I am glad you are turning this into a positive spin though, by promoting a few of us (myself included) through highlighting our products on your gorgeous creations. I find it the greatest compliment when people use my products and then take the time to mention them, so thank you VERY much - both for being a customer, but also a friend! XXX
Cool pages you have made Ali lovely details and the first a perfect color combo..
byebye,Lean
Awesome pages Ali! LOVE your STG entry :).
Bummer about the product you didn't receive :(.
I started freaking out a little... thinking I had forgotten to send you my little parcel... then I saw my little flower smiling at me from your gorgeous page and I exhaled.. As Sue said, it is the biggest compliment to see the products you make featured on a fantastic LO.
So disapointed for you but thanks for the warning all the same... I will never forget you!!
Glad to see the mojo is on the rise... big time...
That's really disappointing Ali. I know as part of the DT we have had trouble with receiving and at one stage there was a stuff up at the post office but she re organised and it arrived.
I do know where you are coming from and hopefully she can sort it out.
In the meantime, your pages are just awesome. Great work.
Sadly I have Ali, but it was a prize so I didn't stress about it...it's a different story when you have paid for the product! :(
Brilliant layouts...I especially love the colours & papers for the STG one.
Great layouts Ali, the SFS sketchaday comp has been fab hasn't it. Love your STG layout, so bright and happy. cheers, hope you have a great weekend. :)
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.