Saturday, September 17, 2011

chicken wire mask

A while ago I got a 12" sheet of Dusty Attic's chippy chicken wire. I used little bits of it here and there but then I decided to do this with it.


I popped it over my LO and misted it in orange and then lifted the wire off. When it was dry I re-added the wire slightly offset.

Then I added this little cluster of MVB goodness, a doodaa, a cog and a topper.


And the end result was this, my take on WP September sketch #3.


In other scrappy news I"ve fallen hopelessly behind in my LOs for the SFS Sketchaday comp - blast you work for intruding on my world ;) I'm four sketches short of the week.

But, here are the three that I have done...

Sketch 14 - this is also the second September sketch over at Sassy Lil Sketches. Extra criteria was two photos, no pink and something handmade. Rob thought my little corner bunting looked like a row of bras - hmmm....


Sketch 15 - extra criteria use paint on your background and paint (not quite the effect I was expecting with my new mask!).


 Sketch 16


I used a new WP September Toybox kit for sketches 15&16 - love how versatile it is.

Thanks for stopping by - hope your weekend has been stellar so far :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful pages you have made again and the chicken wire looks so cool also your zipperflower fits so great toghter..
byebye,Lean

kylie said...

Loving all your layouts Ali...and the masking looks so effective

Jasmine S said...

Great work and fab use of mist and paint in there. Always great design and use of white space. Fabbo.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for playing with us at Sassylilsketches.com /Pia

Kate said...

you will catch up in no time ali, i love all your pages, your style is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

so many beautiful pages, you have great use of white space. thanks for playing with sassy lil' sketches.

Unknown said...

Your take on SLS 2nd Week is awesome! I especially love your "rows of bras", it provided enough drama to the overall effect. Thank you for playing along with us. Hope to see often at SLS.

Missy Whidden said...

Wow...all of these are super gorgeous! I love that chicken wire. I love your painting & misting techniques. Thank you for playing with Sassy Lil' Sketches!

Kerryn said...

It's a pain when work gets in the way of fun!

Love the pages Ali!!!

Cherie said...

Fab Pages As Always Ali :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.