Saturday, January 2, 2010

Breathe

Looking back 2009 was a year of extreme highs and lows. But here we are at the beginning of 2010 bloodied but not beaten, ready to begin again. Here's hoping that the new year will be kinder to us all - we just need a moment to breathe!

Yes, that's my word for 2010 - breathe or as Angus would say chillax. This year I'm going to hesitate for a moment before I launch myself in, I'm going to breathe and assess the situation, I'm going to chill and relax and not get caught up in the little things - or that's the plan anyway - let's see how it all pans out :)

The past week has been pretty relaxed and I've enjoyed with some scrapping time. Here's a few creations I whipped up.

This first one was for the Ebony and Ivory challenge at Challenge Heaven - pink and white. Not sure how I ended up with quite so much beige (must be too many hours spent listening to the cricket commentary). Sadly the stamp didn't work out quite as clearly as I'd hoped (it says capture which I thought was a suitable sentiment for the pic) but in the end I decided not to cover it over.


Another entry for Challenge Heaven and another Rob LO. I had to use Wild in the title. Rob has always wanted a unicycle (would you believe I bought it at Aldi?) but after 18 months he still really hasn't mastered riding it - much to his chagrin! I took these pics when he first got and then forgot all about them until I fell over the unicycle in the garage recently.


And one more! This is me channelling my best Kim Archer style! Not of Rob this time - but more food! You would be forgiven for thinking Rob and food are my favourite subjects lol.


And now before I go here is the moustache of the day. The grandpa!




TFSB :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a lovely Christmas and the kids got well and truly spoilt!

Gorgeous LOs - I can't believe you picked up a unicycle in Aldi!

Breathing will also be my new thing in the new year! Here's hoping 2010 brings with it good times and good luck!

Julie said...

Just love these LO's Ali!!!..they're fab!...the frittata one is very Kim Archer-esque!!

We're heading off on hols tomorrow so I just wanted to wish you, Rob & the kids all the best for 2010!...hope it brings you all that you wish for!

And no, it's not too late to start counting down to the Escape! lol!
Jxxx

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Love your LOs, Ali. They are all cool in their own unique way. *lol* at the unicycle - it could be my hubby, too, wanting it and then stoving it in the garage when not succeding after just a few try outs.

Happy new year BTW

Anonymous said...

Lovely work!
I especially like 'eat me'! Looks awesome. Love all the 'clustering'! ;)

Krissy Christie said...

Fabbo word choice Ali!

LOVE all those LO's chickie :)

Hehe @ getting a unicylce at Aldi I swear that chop has everything!I was in there at the weekend and they had flutes stacked up next to toolboxes lol

Love Angus's mo too!

Happy New Year :)

Krissy xx

Kerryn said...

Gorgeous pages Ali! Like Angus's version of your OLW ;).

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.