Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Scrap happy

Hmm - wonder if I've used that title before? Never mind because it describes my mood perfectly. I've been having a lovely time these past few days - a blind scrap at Challenge Heaven:


I like blind scraps, you never quite know what you'll end up with!

And then there's been the cc at Wicked Princesses to keep me busy.

Challenge one was based a fab sketch by Krissy. You had to include the word 'new' so I scrapped Angus' earring - he got his ear pierced on Sunday and I scrapped this yesterday - how up-to-date am I??


Challenge Two continued the 'new' theme but this time you had to recycle or reuse something. I chose to re-scrap a pic and use only pp scraps. Does the five year old me remind you of anyone?

I first used the pic years ago for an off-the-page challenge. I think my style has evolved a bit since then!


Challenge 3 was by Kirsty and it was an OTP - I created a chart for Angus to remind him to do his shoulder exercises. I used the back of the 2009 school planner and stuck it to a huge (ugly) advertising magnet. I covered the boxes with a transparency so that he can use a whiteboard marker and then rub the ticks out at the end of each week. I think the nagging robot looks like me as I try to get that boy to do those stretches. Angus is not amused!


Have a wonderful Australia Day everyone - I hope you're doing something nice. We're off for a picnic dinner at the lake while we watch the entertainment - jet planes and jet skis followed by fireworks :) A loud but fun evening!

When NZ Grandma was here last week she gave the kids some Aussie tattoos - here's where they ended up this morning.

Also, if you're looking for some scrapping inspiration Bec is running another comp over at Scrapability Sketches - it was loads of fun last time.

TFSB :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun tonight!

Love the layouts, and especially the chart for Angus! Great idea!

Krissy Christie said...

Have fun at the picnic Ali!That sounds fab!

Love those LO's and that chart is fandabbydosey :)

Thanks so much for joining in my 1st crybercrop as the new owner of Wicked Princesses *mwah* Love that piccie too its totally scrappable ;-)

Krissy xx

Julie said...

Ha! Love that last photo Ali...the tats look fab!!...hope you're going to scrap it.
Love the chart for Angus too..what a great idea!...boys do need a LOT of prompting don't they lol!!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Lovely tatoos :-)

A usual your creations are all great, but I must admit my fav is Angus' chart - what a clever idea. My kids could use some charts too - for guitar rehersals, homework, picking up clothes etc *lol*

Anonymous said...

Your five year old layout looks awesome! Thinking I might scraplift that!
And the shoulder stretches magnet is perfect! Love it!
Great scrapping Ali!

Kerryn said...

They look fab Ali! LOL about the tattoos.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.