It's four weeks since our stuff was stolen and I finally have a new laptop so I'm back in the bloggy business :) It has been an amazingly complex and frustrating process negotiating our insurance claim. Apart from the two laptops that were delivered on Friday, we still don't have a delivery date on anything else and only the vaguest notion of when our new door will arrive (in the next three weeks - perhaps).
In the meantime I was lucky enough to attend the first ever Wicked Princesses Retreat. What a fantastic weekend! It was so cool meeting and hanging out with all of my cyberbuddies!
I won't subject you to all my LOs in one go but here are few. Krissy gave each of us a folder full of challenges and sketches to work with, such a cool idea! I decided not to take papers with me but to buy and use the kits Krissy had on offer. I then got her post my purchases home :)
So, this is Zoe at Sydney Aquarium. Using the Vicki B kit.
This is a scraplift of one of Kate's LOs - I used a cool Hambly brick overlay. The big flower was made by Kate but I made the orange flower out of a ribbon and gluber - thanks Jules for the gluber, the centre, oh and, the idea :)
By the way glubers are really cool and I recommend you all get some - check them out here. Apparently you can also make your own - splitcoast stampers have a tutorial on the hows and whys - I'm yet to check it out.
This one uses the Splash kit, I love the bright colours and that little flag. I've added some hidden journalling as I wanted to record Angus' scary experience of being caught in a rip and having to be rescued my his mum and a surf life saver without it being the focus of the LO and embarrassing him.
This last one is based on one of Krissy's sketches and also uses the Vicki B kit - love the colours but the LO seems to be a bit flat - think I might have to add a little something to this one (maybe a flourish would do it). The photos are of Janina and I at our mini retreat back in March.
Ah! It's good to be back :) Thanks for remembering to stop by!




1 comments:
wauw you have been busy..lovely work!
byebye,Lean
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.