On Monday afternoon our secure little world was shattered when someone smashed our door down and stole a mired of electrical goods. We can replace the TV, the lap tops and the Ipods. Sure we can even replace the external hard drives but what we can't replace is the all of the digital photos dating back to 1999. To protect against computer failure we regularly and carefully backed all of our images and documents up on a hard drive called Harold. It never occurred to us that Harold would be stolen.
So, we are now without any photos, our children don't feel secure in their own home and our little dog is traumatised - his very hoarse bark is evidence of his attempt to ward off the intruders :(
The builder who quoted to install the new door said it could take up to four weeks for our insurer to approve the work so for now we have a plywood board between us and the great outdoors. It's anybody's guess on how long it will take for our goods to be replaced. So, I could be gone for some time as I am without a computer and mail blogger is refusing to add images - I was going to share with you my shattered door and its plywood replacement but you'll just have to imagine them for yourself.
But as we all know life goes on, even if the speed is a little intense sometimes... Last night I was incredibly proud to watch Zoe's jazz band earn a gold medal in the Jazz Eisteddfod :) They not only put on a great performance they had a huge amount of fun and that is really what life is all about.
Please excuse my absence and failure to comment on your blogs for awhile - but I will return! Take care, my friends, hug your loved ones tight (including your furry friends) and rejoice in all that is good in your life. This too will pass!
7 comments:
so terrible :( what an invasion of privacy first coming into your home and taking things, and then having your hard drive with a window into your lives over the past decade. :*(
oh Ali that sucks. Big time. the rotten so and so's.
I'm glad you had Zoe's performance to put a smile on your face.
Take care.
x
Oh Ali, that is just terrible. I can only imagine how you are feeling. I hope your door is on asap and that you can feel safe again soon.
Thinking of you.
Take care. xx
Ali, my heart broke for you & your family when I read this news the other day. Such an AWFUL thing to happen! I sincerely hope that whoever took your stuff has some sort of conscience when they realise that what they have taken from you is not just property, but a lifetime of memories from your family. I hope you guys have put out some sort appeal / ad through the media or in your local area to see if you can spur that thief's conscience into action? Big {{hugs}} to you & all the members of your family. XXX
OOO this is terrible i hope every one is ok ,but i understand scarry to..Take care!And we all understand.
Thinking of you,Lean
Hi Ali, what a horrible thing to have happened, feeling for you and sending hugs
Julie
Hi Ali, I have been thinking of you everyday since I read your post. There is nothing I can say.. all I can do is send you and your family hugs .
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.