Can you tell I'm a wee bit excited about being back in blogland?
After the Wicked Princesses Retreat, I spent a couple days with my sister in Brissie before heading to Sydney for work. I had a blast and in being in Sydney for the Vivid light festival was amazing but somewhere along the way I picked up a very nasty bug. It knocked me out for over a week. Today, ten days on I'm just beginning to feel like myself again.
For the first four or five days I did absolutely nothing - so weird! But once I started to feel a little better I did some creating. The Purple Pumpkin sketch challenge took my fancy so I had a play - other than spilling a third of a bottle of glimmer mist over my LO I think I did ok! More pics taken by Zoe at the Sydney Aquarium. I think the gm adds to the water theme lol. The PP items are the doily and button.
The next day I dragged out my beautiful bigshot and made four cards before retiring to the lounge for a nap. I forgot to photograph the cards - oh so vague of late!
The day after that I decided to do some more scrapping, the fact my hands were still Key Lime was enough to convince me not to use glimmer mist. This one is for the wp kit challenge, I used Owl Soup. Looks pretty simple huh? Getting that printed journalling in the right spot took ages with my addled brain.
After another little nap I decided to start the wp DT challenge - stamping and distressing. Here's how it turned out. Since the photo was poor quality I decided to grunge it up. I had fun pulling out my old letter stamps too. The design of this one is based on an old Inspired Blueprints sketch - always a great place to visit for some inspiration.
In shocking and startling news the ever-fabulous Kate decided to step down from the wp dt. So, that left Krissy to appoint three new princesses - sadly I'm not one of them but a big congrats to Hannah, Barb and Holly - I'm sure you will inspire princesses everywhere. Also best of luck Kate, it's good to see your mojo has returned and I will being dogging your blog to see your latest and greatest creations cos you know I dig you!
In exciting news my wonderful buddy Jules has asked me to be her guest designer next month. I'm so chuffed :)
Right, I think I might have satisfied my blogging desires for today. See you again really soon.



7 comments:
Hi Ali, sounds like you have been quite the busy bee. Love all of these LOs and good to have you back in blogland.
congrats on being a guest designer..cool!
Your pages are beautiful work...i like the hats off.
byebye,Lean
Some super gorgeous layouts here!! Thanks so much for playing along at Purple Pumpkin. I love your take on the sketch...and you can never have enough Glimmermist me thinks!! LOL.
:-))
Woohoo, great to have you back Ali. Fabulous pages!!
so glad your back honey...i LOVE your layouts and i am so so very happy you have agreed to be a guest designer for me....can't wait to see what you create!
xxxxxxx
Glad to see you are feeling better and that a bit of scrapping has helped you on your way. Thanks for playing along at Purple Pumpkin, great take on the sketch.
Fab take on the sketch and thanks for joining in Ali.....as for the glimmermist, it's either your best friend or your worst enemy!! lol
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.