Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stuff

Like sand through an hour glass so too are the days of our lives – ha! I have no idea what I’ve been doing or where the time has gone but it seems the first thing to drop off my priority list is this poor little blog.

Oh well, I’m back again now and as per usual I have a super-size post to publish.

So, what’s been happening? Um...

Krissy from wp is this month’s guest designer for Get Picky. So, the last wp sketch of the month is also the Get Picky sketch – two chances to win a wicked voucher – nice!

Here’s my take on the sketch. I used Basic Grey Lauderdale and it's bright!



 I also decided to share some close-ups to further dazzle you...and to show the rolled corners that I added some flowers to.



Challenge Heaven had a cybercrop recently and this is the blind scrap I did with Becci. 


This is my take on Jess’ number challenge. I lots of fun misting, stitching and painting. I really wanted to used the little MVB cloud but it was broken so I glued it back together and then painted - I think it turned out ok :)

 

A close up so you can see my clouds and just a hint of stitching.


There's a wp cc on right now. There are some great challenges - one for each season. This is my take on Krissy's Spring challenge.


And that's it for me - life is almost back to normal here, we're only waiting on the insurance company to replace a few more items and our new door is being installed on Thursday. Sadly I've just discovered the house on the next corner has been broken into - their door was smashed in exactly like ours :(

8 comments:

Kate said...

that sounds terrible about the break ins in your area Ali :( devastating :(
lovely pages very fond of the blind scrap!!

Krissy Christie said...

Beautiful work chickie!

Krissy xx

Sue Plumb said...

Ooooh - I really love the misting / masking on the CH one, and love the stitching on it too! Great batch of work here Ali! :-)
Ps - I hope the insurance company pulls their finger out for you so you aren't waiting much longer, and YAY to finally getting your new door! Very sad about your neighbours too. :-(

Nikki xx said...

Gorgeous layouts Ali! I especially love your Get Picky one...all of those fantastic details and that beautiful , bright background. Thanks so much for sharing it with us :)

Unknown said...

beautiful pages you made again and i see lovely backgrouns with misting.
byebye,Lean

Aussie TM5 Thermomixer said...

Awesome pages, I adore your Get Picky page - thanks for entering Ali :)

Kerryn said...

oh that's no good Ali. Hope they catch the rotten beggars before they do any more damage :(.

Your pages are fabulous Ali!!

Cherie said...

Fabulous selection of LO's there Ali :-)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.