Sunday, September 6, 2009

Another three bite the dust

Yes, it's been a scrapping bonanza in this house. I completed the two challenges that were part of the SOUL launch party. Check out the new-look store and forum it's fab!

So, the colour challenge was to use the colours in the new banner - blue, green, pink and brown. Not a colour combo I'd normally use so all the more fun :) I did another page for my Birthday album. This one is of Rob's sister and her friend, Suzanna. Tracey and Rob really aren't related at all but they're definitely soul siblings :)

This next one was for the quote challenge I used "birds of a feather (scrap) together". Lucrecia gave me this fabulous owl paper - it was just perfect for the theme and Lana gave me the awesome BG woolly owl - check them out in the CIS shop.

And here is a just because LO about my girl. The photo was taken back in January and she has changed so much since then - she is about 10 cm taller and 100 percent moodier lol! Zoe has her heart set on becoming a vet and she is such a clever scientist and mathematician I think she just might live her dream one day so that's what the journalling is about.


And to reassure you that I didn't just scrap the weekend away I'll give you a little update about the rest of Alison-world :)

On Saturday Angus' rugby team won the grand final. Although he couldn't play Angus got to kick off to start the game and his name was in the program. It warmed my heart that his teammates thought it was only right for Angus to kit up and take the kick that launched them into a winning grand final. He wore his medal with pride all day and I'm sure the rest of the team did too :)

Rob and I then had a cultural experience - we caught the bus home from the city. We went in to get the car washed and then realised we'd have to hang around for hours so we jumped on the bus and saw the world from a whole different perspective!

Then today we took Angus to Tournament of the Minds (oh so very early on a Sunday) before coming home to tackle the garden - the dog now has green feet but you can see where the garden ends and the path starts. The weather was so beautiful that I took the scooter out for a spin two days running. I love this time of year.

We celebrated Fathers Day with Zoe cooking dinner - Angus provided a head massage and an avalanche of kisses.

Oh and did I mention Australia won the rugby? I watched the second half all by myself so I did a little happy dance to celebrate!

TFSB :)

2 comments:

Kerryn said...

How cute is that owl! Love the layouts :).

Unknown said...

You realise that the bus simply travels through the area you already live in.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.