Saturday, July 23, 2011

Barb's sketch

As part of her DT contribution at wp Barb created a sketch - just for fun - so I had a little play. 


This is a rare pic of Zoe, not dressed up, posing or looking pained, so I was keen to do something a bit special with it. I've had that hounds tooth tissue paper for ages (almost two years, actually...) and I finally decided to use it. I dragged out the sewing machine and got sewing - shame I used black thread and you can't see it  - but it was fun to sew :) Then I stamped on the tissue before blinging it up. I had a lot fun and Zoe approved! Thanks Barb :)

And now just to prove my point about photos of Zoe, here she is dressed in her 'silver' outfit for band tour. She took me shopping this morning and we got a silver cap, silver and black shoes, silver bracelet and silver necklace for the sum total of $21 - got to love a bargain or four! And then we went to the dreaded (by me) Valley Girl and she got this dress. When we got home she modelled her outfit and we were dazzled lol. Angus, our resident fashionista approved and Zoe pointed out a similar outfit in Dolly before disappearing to her friend's house still wearing said outfit - who said being (and having) a teenage girl wasn't fun?!


Angus, meanwhile, has been practising his Tour posing - here he is on his time trial bike - wearing yellow of course! Over the course of the Tour, he and his friend go out each day and time each other riding the circuit they've mapped out. This is the fifth year they've been doing it :)


And now I'm off to enjoy th sunshine - can life can any better? 

5 comments:

Kate said...

send some sunshine up this way Ali!
great page and I love the photos of the kids - well teens!! ;) xox

Unknown said...

Beautiful page and cool picture From Zoe.
The other pictures are fun to!
have a great weekend byeee,Lean

Jasmine S said...

Ali that is one of the cheeriest posts ever. Just loved reading it.
Now that LO looks awesome. I would never have known that was tissue paper and the red just pops.
That photo of Zoe with her hand up is just fabulous. So natural and fun. She looks stunning and you took me back to my teenage years mentioning Dolly. Do you remember Alison Brahe? She was my all time favourite cover girl.
Ok, onto the next topic....
Angus looks fab on his bike and what a great tradition. Lucky you cannot see my eyes as I have "Tour Eyes". Commonly caused from sitting up until all hours watching a lot of men riding bikes up and down hills and through gorgeous country side with big castles.
Reminds me, 45 mins until starting time. And I just love watching what Gabriel Gate cooks up for me.

Shelley said...

Love your take on the sketch Ali! And I have to agree with the other girls - awesome piccies of Zoe. Love Angus' tour pose too lol.

Unknown said...

Ali how lovely! What a stylish girl AND page! Your son looks road ready!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.