Last weekend was the Wicked Princess cybercrop. I only managed to get one challenge done. The theme was movies and for this challenge you had to choose a movie genre and title and use that as the basis of your LO. I chose thriller because it suited this slightly disturbing self-portrait of Angus. The title Memento is from a film that came out in 2000 staring Guy Pearce.
I've also completed the first two wp sketches for this month.
How cool is that flower? I got it from Mad About Scrappin as part of the prize I won at Challenge Heaven. Thanks Leanne and Shell :)
Now I have a serious question. Why don't the she art images have facial features? My lovely cyberbuddy Jasmine created a gorgeous canvas using this style and I fear I may have offended her by asking this exact question (please forgive me if I did Jas). But I really want to know. I've consulted Dr Google and it seems that faceless chicks are the norm. But why? I love the she quotes and I love the style of she art but I really love faces too. And when I checked in with Urban Dictionary the definition of sheart was less than appealing: a friend who is nice to your face but then talks about you badly behind your back. Luckily I realised that this definition applied to the way you said the word (think biarch ) rather than the craft of she art!! Anyway if you can explain to me the reason for being faceless I'd be forever grateful.
Thanks for stopping by - enjoy the rest of your weekend :)



4 comments:
Hello hello, and first up, no you did not offend me at all. I had actually been meaning to get back to you to say that yes they are 'faceless' and why, I don't really know. I guess you could add a face if you were clever enough to do so which I think some gals are doing. Maybe someone else will know.
Love your work above. Your colors and photo placement is always striking as are these LOs. Fab work chicky.
Hey Ya Ali
So glad you love your kit :) Can't wait to see what you scrap with it ..
The little gingy cat we are getting is a boy, the others (bits and pieces) looks lots different so we assume it's a girl but can't confirm this yet until they are a little big bigger, i will post some pictures on my blog tomorrow, my girls are so very excited have a great day tomorrow xx
Beautiful page my fave the sand page and no scrapping for me we are have to much beautiful weather out side....so what about BBQ>>>>>YEHHHHH
love your star wars page :) And that flower is super cool, love it!
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.