Design Team calls produce interesting results and the wp call has been no different. I sometimes wonder if there are scrappers out there whose sole aim in life is to be on as many DTs as possible regardless of whether they've visited a forum or used the product the site sells.
Suddenly the forum has been abuzz with new members - the cynic in me wonders if they'll still be around come the 1st April - post DT announcement. The realist in me knows the answer and doesn't care. The funny thing is wp is already populated by an incredibly talented bunch of women who've helped create an online forum with a heart and without even a hint of nasty clique mentality. The newcomers have some stiff competition ;-)
There has been much speculation on the forum about who will apply and who will ultimately win the big prize. Many people have fessed up to throwing their hat in the ring. I have my favourites and you'd be right if you guessed my money is on a real princess, not an impostor or a fly-by-night. As for me I've um-ed and ah-ed quietly to myself. I've steered clear of that conversation thread...
I often create using wp kits, I visit the forum daily and I'm on the sketch team - so what do I have to lose? Nothing really, I guess but I just wasn't sure about putting myself out there. So, over the past month I've created my LOs but today - as the deadline loomed I was still prevaricating. I chose the Splish Splash Kit but strangely I had a lot of trouble creating with it, maybe it was the pastel colours but more realistically it was the thought of submitting them that weighed me down.
I finally pressed the send button this afternoon and immediately experienced scrappers regret. Oh well! Here's a look at my LOs:
Other than creating the LOs using a kit you had to come up with a cc challenge and create a LO based on it. Here's mine:
So, now I've shown my hand I have to wait just like all the other applicants - may the best princess win.






20 comments:
I couldnt have said it better myself hun! I dont understand the need to be on every DT that there is going... how can you scrap for you and your family if you have to do it for everyone else???? Sadly, there seems to more and more of it happening.
Good luck with your application!
I hear you Ali and for the record I love your creations. All the best. I'd love to see you get the gig xx
OOOo beautiful pages great masking lovely colors...good luck and i hope you win!!!!!and be a princess
byebye,Lean
Ali, even tho I am not always on Wp alot chatting or what not I do agree there has been ALOT of new people, strangers pop in since the WP DT call. And Im with you, it would be lovely to see one of the "real" princesses win and you definately have my vote, I love what you do, I love that you are always in the forum posting and sharing- this is what makes a wonderful and great person and I say good on you for applying WOOT!!!
Thanks for your comment Ali. I wish you best of luck with your DT submission...:)
Oh Ali, you have outdone yourself here and I for one think that you totally deserve the gig. I think you have used the papers perfectly and your designs are always so eye catching.
GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD LUCK. My pinkies and toes and everything is crossed for you.
I believe every kit club, challenge blog and manufactorer experience the same: lots of new faces show up - just to disapair when the call is over. And it's a business full of drama - it's sad, but true. But some scrappers stay even if they not are offered a DT spot - and their chances increase for getting a spot on the next call. And they become life time friends. Like you and me :-)
Lovely layouts Ali! you are so true to your style, I really hope you get a spot on the team- you are such an important part of the forum and to knows how to showcase the kits. Good luck!
I hear you loud and clear Ali, and have seen it happen on many a forum in the past, the majority do not stay once the call is over. The realisation though that a business and forum is all about having as many people see and buy from you as possible means that for WP itself its actually something that she would encourage.
I havent applied myself as I wasnt able to get a kit, but I love your layouts, you have done a fabbo job with the kits, wish you good luck :)
I hear what you are saying! Not that I am on that particular forum, but it happens all over the place. I wish you ALL THE VERY GOOD LUCK with your app - your pages are GORGEOUS! Well done :-) :-)
Good luck with the call Ali, your work is fabulous !!! It will be interesting to see who sticks around once the decision has been made :)
Looking forward to meeting you next week :)
Have a super day
xx
I couldn't agree with you more Ali, having been on "both" sides, applying for DT an also having to choose a new DT member when Kazz and I had the site it does pose the increasingly obvious question that I think some often forget.."why do you scrap??" I think the answer often gets lost in the must have the latest products, must get on this DT etc etc, rather than the I love this site and atmosphere I'd love a spot there or I think I could have a lot of fun with the challenges on this site..might have a try there too..Good Luck to you hun Xoxox
Hmmmm! so very well put my darling!!! Just quietly, my money is on you! Thank goodness you pressed the send button!!!
I love love love them! Wishing you lots of luck :)
way to go girl! you said it all honey! I LOVE your layouts...good luck gorgeous....can't wait to meet you IRL next week...bring on the retreat!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love your honesty Ali and it is so true. Good luck with the DT application. xx
Your pages are gorgeous, Ali. I am fairly new to WP (signed up when I found out about retreat!) and have loved the friendliness I have been accepted with. This group of girls is fabulously talented and just lovely.
Hmmm ok this is juat weird...... I posted a comment earlier..... and now it is telling me my post was "removed by author".....ummmm nope it wasn't..... have no idea what is going on!
Ok I will try again.
Ali I love your work..... your submission is wonderful. All the best with it.
Awesome layouts and good luck with the DT application! :)
I have done some detective work and have found your blog- yahoo! (ok I scrolled through some threads to find a post of yours :) )
My fingers are crossed that you get the gig Ali!
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.