Monday, March 5, 2012

Relay for Life

Like many of you my life has been touched by cancer far too often. It's time we found a cure. So, in two weeks Zoe and I will join our friends in the Relay for Life. We'll remember my Dad and fallen friends but we will also walk in support of our friends who are navigating their cancer journey right now. If you'd like to support me in my quest, you can donate online via my fundraising page. A huge thank you in advance :)

I was lucky enough to attend Jules Shut Up and Scrap retreat recently. Oh what fun we had! My face is still sore from laughing so much :) I completed a dozen or LOs but sadly I don't have any to share as the weather has been truly foul since I got home. So foul in fact that my skylight sprang a leak and the bathroom ceiling caved in and to add insult to injury the backyard flooded too.

But I do have some pre-retreat LOs to share. This one was for Ant's cc challenge over at Scrapbooking Top 50 - used an altered book title and yellow. I chose The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants as the entire series is one of Zoe's favourites :)


This one was for Sarah's choose your own adventure challenge. My journalling is on the tag behind the photos and says: 'Angus and I love watching the player line up before the game. Each player pulls a ‘game face’ and then cracks up laughing. Angus has been practising his face for when he hits the big time. Watch out for this face on the big screen'.


And these are another couple of Challenge Heaven challenges.


My journalling is on the confidential card and it says: 'This is such a familiar sight, it's hard to remember what event caused this injury! Angus lives life fast and accidents happen...alot! Although you can't tell from this photo these backslabs are horrid. They're hot, they get incredibly dirty, the tape comes undone and you have to keep them dry. Oh, and the worst part? They STINK!'


And these were for SFS February challenges - some happy snaps from our NZ trip. Deb's colour challenge:

I think this one is probably my favourite, for Mal's colour challenge:

And that is probably far more LOs than you'd care to look at! Sorry if I've given you blog fatigue. I will try and post more frequently - not sure I'll actually achieve that goal though lol. Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Love all your LOs Ali...they're all fab!!
Would love to support you in the Relay for Life, but will have to do it on payday Thursday, if that's OK?

Kate said...

beautiful pages ali it was mal's sketch challenge!! LOL. I love when you use paint, it always looks fab xox

Kerryn said...

Great pages Ali! Love the game face :).

Cherie said...

Lovely collection of LO's there Ali :)

I can totally picture Angus when his moment of glory arises!

Anne P said...

WOW, so much to look at. Great collection of Layouts.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.