Sunday, August 21, 2011

Scrappy shares

Life has been rolling on, busy but quite nice! I celebrated my Birthday last week and the kids made me cake - yum! They popped cocktail umbrellas on it for that festive air and while I haven't scrapped any photos of the cake yet - here's us having some fun with the umbrellas.


I've been taking part in the cc over at Scrapbooking Top 50. This is my take on Vicki's challenge:


And this one is for Marelize's challenge:


There's also a cc over at Challenge Heaven. It's all about animals so I just had to join in! Zoe has been helping to raise two calves at school - their names are Ultima and Kylie (classic huh?!) and Zoe fell in love with them. So much so that she would get up and ride her bike to school on the weekend to prepare their morning bottle. She's very sad that these beautiful girls have moved on - they could only stay at school for three weeks as after that they would grow too big for the enclosure. They've gone off to become dairy cows and Zoe will miss and probably they'll miss her for awhile too. I love that she posed for selfies with both of them!

This is my take on Simone's challenge. The white tab with the pink flower slides out to tell the story of a girl and two calves :)

 Look Sue! Can you see a little Lovelybugs white chenille button? Oh and did you spot the dark denim one on my first LO? Has everyone seen Sue's fabulous bits n bobs? She's got a sale on till Midnight - snag yourself a bargain - you'll love her stuff - I guarantee it!

I'm Jule's Guest Designer again in September (woo hoo!) so I'm busy creating with a wonderful kit that Krissy put together especially for Jules, using the WRMK Zoology range. These papers are rich earthy shades with a bit of a grungy feel to them. Not necessarily my usual style but I'm having a lot of fun even if I can't reveal my LOs just yet :)

Before I go, here's my take on the first wicked princesses' August sketch. I shared this photo a few posts ago but forgot to share the LO:


Thanks for stopping by :) I'm off to have a little peek at what you've all been up to now.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats with your birthday[belate]and congrats with your guest designer spot...Cool pages you have made again..
byeeee,lean

Kate said...

great pages Ali i especially love the mad hatters one!! xox

Jasmine S said...

Hip Hip Hooray. Happy Birthday to You.
You have been one busy lady. Loving your pages, mix of papers and your designs are so eye catching. Fab work.

Kerryn said...

Belated birthday wishes Ali!

You've been a busy girl! Lots of fabulouslessness here!!

Mamie Girl said...

Happy Birthday Ali- Big Hugs!!! Looking forward to seeing some of your holiday photos scrapped! love the touch of yellow on the mad hatters lo and love the photos of Zoe with the cows- too cute :)

Mamie Girl said...

OMG THAT FINALLY WORKED yippeeeee

Alex Hughes said...

Great pages Ali, thanks for sharing. Happy birthday too.

Sue Plumb said...

YUMMO! I love all the LO's here Ali, but I think my fave is the Mad Hatters one too - beautiful colours, aweseom pics and the touches of doiley and the little birdies along to the top edge - divine! XXX

Sue Plumb said...

PS - thanks for the plug, much appreciated! XXX

kylie said...

congrats on the birthday...the cocktail umbrellas remind me of our retreat at Shop and Crop....LOL...

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.