Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bonkers for Honkers

Well I'm home again from my little trip - it was amazing! So much to see, so much to do, so much to eat, so much to laugh about :)

I plan to do a post for each of the five days I was away as each day was completely different. But for the moment here's a little taste of Hong Kong - a few of my favourite things! I still have a few hundred photos to sort through...

This is me on the Peak (Mt Victoria) - it was a tad windy - check out my hair! The view was unbelievable, even though it got very hazy while we were there.


Here we are enjoying a refreshing drink in the Peak Cafe. This cafe was in danger of being shut down back in 1947 but it was saved by being moved from the Peak down into Soho - an area of bars and restaurants on the side of the city centre.


On Saturday we took the ferry to Macau - it's very different to Hong Kong, its roots are Portuguese but today it is an amazing blend of cultures and features both modern casinos and narrow cobbled lanes filled with traditional shops bursting with both Portuguese and Chinese treasures. We were lucky enough to see a troop of teenage lion dancers performing in the square.


On Sunday we visited Lantau, one of the New Territories and visited the giant Buddha - this view of Buddha is from the cable car.


And this one was taken from the village below Buddha (once we got off the cable car).


The Buddha himself was amazing but I'll leave that for another day. This last shot is of the traditional pole house village called Tai O, also located on Lantau - we had a fabulous seafood lunch in the traditional market!


That's it for now, hope you enjoyed them :)

5 comments:

Jasmine S said...

Fabulous Ali. I am so glad you had a safe trip.
Your photos are great and I cannot wait to see more.

Kate said...

love them Ali!! feels like i was there with you!! xo

Kerryn said...

So glad you enjoyed the trip Ali! Look forward to seeing some more piccies :).

Krissy Christie said...

Awesome photos chickie!

Cant wait to see how you scrap them :)

Krissy xx

Cherie said...

Gorgeous Pics Ali!!
What a fab experience - i'm jealous!
I too, look forward to seeing how you scrap them.

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.