Sunday, December 13, 2009

Oh Christmas tree

Yesterday we put the tree up. We needed a new one and Zoe requested a fibre optic number. We had to search high and low to find one that would take decorations too. After all what's a tree without decorations?

So here it is in its night time glory :)


I decided to create a little Christmas collage. Here's what I came up with:Look at that naughty cat under the tree - we caught her removing baubles...and then we found her on the stairs trying to eat Santa. There are now wrapped presents under the tree - goodness knows what Xena will do to them!!

Today has been a long day Rob raced in the Canberra City Half Iron Man - 1.9km swim, 95km ride and a 21km run. Zoe and I went down to cheer him on. Unfortunately his knee started to play up halfway through the first lap of the run (silly thing has been good for 18mths) so that really slowed him down BUT he finished. It took him 7hrs and 10mins. I'm pleased for him but sad that he didn't make it in less than seven hours as that was his goal.


But you know what? At the end of the day I just don't get it. I really don't understand the determination that drives people to compete in such an event. So many hours spent training, so much pain - for what? I saw a woman who could barely walk carrying her six month old baby away to be breast fed - what makes her need to put her body and her baby through that? People limping, people crying, people being held up by others - is the world a better place now that they're run the race? I guess I need to ask them...

And now a scrapping share. I did this one for the first December sketch over at CIS. I'm not so sure about the colours or the angles now that I look at it again but I do love the photo :)


TFSB :)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Just popped in to see what you've been up to.

LOL at the pic of your kitty Xena...our Tabatha was sticking her head in our tree to attack the baubles so I had to lock the tree in the study when we went to bed each night for the first week!!! lol!! I'm not game to put any pressies under it yet!

Love the Christmas collage and your LO!

Anonymous said...

Well done Rob! I think he did great finishing over 10 mins over his goal time with a dodgy knee as well. I agree though... no idea what convinces people to do it lol!

Your Christmas tree looks great! Lol about Xena! Hopefully your prezzies survive :-)

And happy birthday to Sparky too!

Anonymous said...

I like your colours and your angle! Looks good!
Well done Rob.
Catch up soon?
M x

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.