Monday, November 30, 2009

Living it large

It's been a busy few days. On Friday Rob and I celebrated our 16th Wedding Anniversary - check out just how young we were on that day all those years ago!


Rob not only sent me flowers, he also dedicated the latest edition of song of the week to our youth - check it out here: http://robwoozle.blogspot.com/ it made me smile :)

Then Saturday started waaaay too early with a photo shoot at Old Parliment House to farewell the Pedals 2 Perth riders - I was the photographer as Rob was one of those being photographed. The Canberra Times published one of my photos, so that was pretty cool, even if they did leave off the credit - grrr!

Then Sunday saw me again getting up in the wee small hours to compete in my first triathlon - now don't get too excited it was a team event and I did the 400 metre swim. This is me and my team mates - the Triple Threats (racing for Team Telstra - I was the ring-in lol).

For some reason the weather saw fit to change from hot to cold overnight on Saturday so it was freezing at the lake edge. That's me shivering in purple.



And here's the obligatory action shot as I came out of the water. Hmm, maybe a fake tan and some sit-ups are in order!!



And one last shot of Nerida - who was to blame for me being there in the first place - and I after we'd tagged our riders and spat out the lake water :) Nerida's team was called the The Pensioners and she may have 20 years on me but she still beat me out of the water (just).


And if all of that wasn't enough excitement for one weekend when I checked my email this morning I discovered I'd come second in the Scrapability Sketches comp - woohoo! Such a great site with lots of warm, friendly people. Here's the layout I did for round three.


And that (as they say in the classics) is that! TFSB - have a great week :)

9 comments:

Kerryn said...

Congratulations to you and Rob! 16 years, that's fantastic :).

And congratulations on the second place at SS! Woohoo :).

Krissy Christie said...

Happy anniversary to you and Rob Ali!

Far out go you in the triathlon!

LOL @ the fake tan I need some of that myself its looking very casperish in this next of the woods too LOL

Fab LO and congrats on the win!You rock sketches ;-)

Krissy xx

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, congrats on the scrappy news, and good on you for the triathlon :-) I need the fake tan too lol! And the sit-ups...

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the WA! And how cool that you are wearing a hat. I wanted to wear a hat but Matt had a vision of lifting my veil and a friend had a super cool veil I could borrow so I did that instead. I still think about the hat though ...
And you look fab! Just ask me about fake tan and sit ups!!!
Well done on the scrapping too! Cute cluster!
And I checked out Rob's blog. I am an old Lemonheads fan but I can't work out the cover version he mentioned ... and I no longer have my Lemonheads cassette covers to work it out! 'It's a shame about [that]'!

kathie said...

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary!

And congratulations on getting out there and doing your swim! It did look cold. Brrr.

So glad to see you have a blog now :). I must add it to my bookmarks!

Julie said...

Whew you've been busy Ali!...I'm exhausted just reading about it lol!!
Happy Anniversary!...congrats on the SS prize and well done on the triathlon!
I'm a candidate for fake tan too...but I'm too lazy to go and get one lol!

Manon Keir said...

wow, lots of congratulations Ali!!
Happy anniversary, congrats on the second prize, on com,peting in the race, on getting your photo published... you're on a roll honey!!!

Cherie said...

Wow you go girl...LOL the fake tan...I think we could all do with some of that!!!

Congrats on your anniversary too..love the photp

Great layout

Have a great week
Cherie xx

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Manon said all I wanted to say, so I am lazy right now and do just a cut and paste *lol*:

wow, lots of congratulations Ali!!
Happy anniversary, congrats on the second prize, on com,peting in the race, on getting your photo published... you're on a roll honey!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.