Last weekend I travelled to Brisbane to attend the second Wicked Princesses Retreat - what a blast - totally wicked! Lots of laughing, lots of chat, lots of scrapping - 17 LOs and a canvas, not much sleep!
This year, Krissy offered three classes - a boy LO, a girl LO and a canvas. I did all three and I'm so glad I did, Krissy has a fabulous style and she was a fun and patient teacher.
Here's my girlie one. My lollipop flower got a bit squashed on the way home - imagine it sitting up more :)
And my boy: Rob doing his best Arnie impersonation with Angus' nerf gun :)
I failed to take a photo of my canvas - oops! But here's a LO that was the result of a private, late-night lesson with Krissy - no patterned paper, just stamps, texture paste, mist and washi tape. Cool huh?!
I like that, together, each one of these LOs features my favourite people. I was away for six days in all as I spent a couple days with my sister after the retreat (loads of fun) but boy did I miss these three. They may not be perfect but they're my kind of funny, sweet and silly! Sometimes distance really does make the heart grow fonder ;-)
That was one thing that really stood out for me at the retreat - how proud everyone was of their families - they spoke with love and pride - even when they were telling a funny story about a child or partner's quirky habits. And those feelings shone through in their LOs, it was an amazing weekend spent with amazing women! I can't wait for next year!



1 comments:
I was lucky enough to sit next to you!!
I look forward to spending the weekend with you again next year - shame it's so far away.
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.