Friday, December 30, 2011

The last LO

Tomorrow we hop on a plane and zip over to New Zealand for two weeks. It's going to be great, shame the weather is both arctic and wet but what can you do? It's the land of the long white cloud after all.

I thought I'd pop in and share my final LO for 2011. I used the Get Picky sketch but missed the deadline to submit it - loved the sketch though :)

For some reason, of which none of us are very clear about, my Mum decided to give Angus a can of cream. Guess she thought he'd like it and he did! He had a fabulous time squirting it straight into his mouth :) 


It's at this time of year that everyone starts talking about goals and resolutions. I'm not big on resolutions at any time but I am a planner and I do like to have an idea in my head where my days, weeks and months are headed. But I've decided that given the truly random nature of 2011, 2012 will be the Year Without a Plan. 

That's right I'm going to see where the tide of life takes me and hope that it washes me up on the shores of happiness and contentment and that I weather the storms it brings with patience and common sense. And that in 12 months time I can look back and say I made it through another year, older, perhaps wiser but most importantly happy and healthy. 

We all live such busy lives, our everyday is spent thinking about and planning for the future, so much so that sometimes we forget to live in here and now. Enjoy the moment - squirt cream from a can straight into your mouth, it will make you smile. Then pause and acknowledge all the good things you have, hug your kids and pets, kiss your partner and then do it all again.

Happy New Year - I hope that 2012 is kind to you. xxx

3 comments:

Kerryn said...

Ooh lucky you. I hope the weather is kind to you but I am sure you'll enjoy yourselves regardless. Those photos are a crack up. Love your page!!

Cherie said...

Angus us a funny, funny boy! Great LO.

Enjoy your holiday lovely & happy new year!

Hilde Aaslund aka Scoobie said...

Kids!!!!

Enjoy your stay in New Zealand, Ali!
And have a happy new year!

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.