Yesterday I spent quite a long time explaining to Zoe that her friends were not irresponsible, unreliable and lazy. My black and white girl was inconsolable because the other kids in the charity band were mucking around between songs and not following the set list. The band comprises eight 15 year olds who have got together in the hopes of raising $12000 to give a small boy from a poor village in Chile the gift of music. He was born deaf and his family can't afford to buy him a cochlear implant. A huge goal!
Zoe and her friend Nicole are the driving force behind the project but the other kids are committed too. I tried to explain that their behaviour was ok and understandable but that only made her think I was siding with them. Sometimes I wonder how my beautiful, sensitive, intense and (more than a tad) bossy daughter will cope with the disappointments of life but she seems happy enough today. The band raised a total of $2300 on the weekend - that might have helped!
Anyway I wanted to scrap a LO to show her I'm her number one fan and that I'd really love to squish those other kids like a bug every time they disappoint her ;-) This is what I came up with, I used the sketch I created for this week's wp sketch challenge. Zoe took this photo of herself on the bus on the way to Yr 9 band tour - it seemed fitting :)
I hope your week is smooth sailing and if not you're weathering the highs and lows with a wry smile and the knowledge that this too will pass!

5 comments:
Wow this is stunning! Great post too!
very fitting ali :)
Excellent choice of photo :-)
What an awesome effort they are putting in to helping someone less fortunate. Congrats to them all (even the silly ones), for such a generous act of kindness.
WoW, You Go Zoe! Amazing that she is so passionate about something, not many adults I know love what they are doing in life and then they become miserable. Incredible that she has such kindness for somebody she doesnt even know! I know from life with luke that people usually judge very easily when they know very little!
Ali- I LOVE the cricket shoes page (I must scrap!!!)
xxxx
What an awesome effort from your daughter and her friends. I hope they reach their goal.
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.