This month Scrap the Girls had a mood board. It was a gorgeous mix of purple, orange and pink with a hit of green. It also has a great quote which although I didn't use directly was perfect for these photos of my sister who recently lost 25kgs. The pics were taken at Christmas time and I love how happy and healthy she looks.
So, here's my take,
When I was looking for some cardstock to get started, I found this background I created for another challenge and then didn't use. It picked up the greeny blue in the bowl in the mood board and also worked really well my with my pool photos.
Since I was scrapping with a friend at the time I created this LO, I stole her paper scraps as they were exactly the colours I was looking for. Then I started embellishing - I added an Instagram tag that came with my Wish jacket, a vintage Charms Creation, some bits and pieces from D-lish Scraps - veneer word, cork heart and star paperclip. An Ah!Scraps felt star and pieces of a Flourish with a Bling that I chopped up.
I then finished off with a sprinkle of enamel dots, dribbles of grape ape Tattered Angels mist and some doodling in purple, orange and pink. I couldn't work out where to journal so I went old school and whipped up some strips. I had planned to do these on the printer but a flurry of end-of-semester printing by my son had left the printer without both ink and paper (got to love teenage students on a mission!).
Thanks for stopping by.


4 comments:
Wonderful layout, great to see a different take on the mood board. Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls.
Your layout is amazing!!....I like the background colour perfect for your photos...Thanks for joining us at STG
fab page! great idea to use up a background you already had and your friends paper scraps! Thanks for joining us at Scrap The Girls. good luck!
gorgeous page, you've interpreted the mood board perfectly. thanks heaps for joining us at STG ♥
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.