Friday, October 12, 2012

A couple of October challenges

Last month I managed to blog about my Pumpkin Patch challenge entry but somehow forgot to link to their blog - epic fail! Let's see if I can get it all together this month...

So, here's the LO, I used a Purple Pumpkin button and a doily. The cork bird is from Apple Tree Lane Designs. I also used some really old paper from my stash, they're still some of my favourite designs and colours.

Zoe is becoming such a good driver. A couple of weeks ago she drove Angus and I over to Granma's house. Some highway cruising, followed by a series of tricky roundabouts, traffic lights and crazy old ladies doing u-turns in the turning lane. She aced it.


While we were visiting, Zoe snapped these photos of Mum and I while Mum was getting a couple of pointers about using her iPod (not that she really needs any, she's got it all going on ;-)). I created this LO for the Scrap the Girls recipe challenge - flowers, two different alphas, more than one photo and staples. I also added a super-cool polkadot bottle top from D-lish Scraps, a cute little Greatest View chervon bag and a Lil Somethin' pin. I really wish I could remember where I got the resin flowers - any ideas?



Zoe and I are off to Sydney tomorrow for her French trip information session, not long until she jets off! Whatever you're up to have fun :)

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pages i like the sunday driver cool one!

Belinda Scott said...

2 very beautiful pages!!!! Love all the layering of paper :D

Kate said...

so lovely Ali!! I think Zoe will be a very safe and responsible driver :) x

Sarah said...

Beautiful pages! My daughter is just about to start learning to drive too! Thanks for playing along with us at PP this month!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous layouts love the colours in your layouts.

Cherie said...

Beautiful LO's as always.

I'm sure Zoe is a fab driver. After all, her sensible attitude has her manning the fries at Macca's ;)

Judith said...

Lovely page. Love the papers you've used. My son is just about to get his L's.

Marisa said...

Lovely pages Ali :) Thanks for playing along at STG.

Julie said...

Fab layouts as always Ali!
Sounds like Zoe has awesome driving skills!
Jordan is almost ready to go for his "P"s test..total independence for him is not far away lol!
As for the resin flowers...Purple Pumpkin maybe? I got some in a mystery pack in their recent sale.

J x

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Fab layouts! Love the PP one! Also I really like your gratitude quote on the right of your blog! xo

Debbie said...

Great layouts!! Love the mix of pattern papers on the PP one! Thanks for playing along with us at Purple Pumpkin!

Unknown said...

Fantastic layouts. Love your take on the STG challenge - you've done such a great job of the recipe challenge.

Ella Swan said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to play along with us at Purple Pumpkin - lovely job!

kylie said...

can't believe she is old enough to drive! thanks for playing along Ali:)

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your kind thoughts. I appreciate you taking the time. x Ali.